Raised in a rural town in northern Alabama, I developed a passion for public service early in life after seeing the positive impact that hard working, dedicated people could have in my community. Recognizing that I wanted to become one of those leaders, I sought out opportunities to speak out on issues close to my heart. In high school, I worked to establish and promote an annual event to raise funds for autism awareness. After speaking with local media and seeing the impact of her promotional efforts, I realized I had been bitten by the communications bug.

After high school, I headed to the University of Alabama, where I was a proud member of the Alabama Forensics Council. There, I gained the skills necessary to connect the public with the stories that matter most. Through internships with Alabama Public Radio and CNN's Washington bureau, I developed a passion for news writing.

After transferring to Smith College in 2010, I continued to work with media and public affairs through internships with the Jerusalem Post in Israel and with the U.S. Department of State. I am currently a senior at Smith College, majoring in government with a focus on international relations and minoring in religion. I hope to pursue a career in public diplomacy.

When I'm not writing press releases and cramming for finals, I enjoy reading The Atlantic, seeking out the best Indian restaurants, and hanging out with my feline friend, Meowdeleine Clawbright, SeCATary of State.