Standard D – Promotes Equity

Indicators

Evidence

1. Encourages all students to believe that effort is a key to achievement.

As described in the script for a fourth grade reading lesson I taught, I emphasize the importance of effort and what it means to try hard and persevere.

Encourges all students to believe that effort is a key to achievement.docx    

2. Works to promote achievement by all students without exception.

As noted by my supervisor, I maintain high standards for all of my students and partner struggling students with students who are advancing with the curriculm proficiency in order to aid comprehension.

Works to promote achievement by all students.docx

3. Assesses the significance of student differences in home experiences, background knowledge, learning skills, learning pace, and proficiency in the English language for learning the curriculum at hand and uses professional judgment to determine if instructional adjustments are necessary.

As mentioned by my cooperating teacher, I differentiate my instruction based upon students needs in each lesson and activity.

Assesses the significance of student differences in home experiences.docx     

4. Helps all students to understand American civic culture, its underlying ideals, founding political principles and political institutions, and to see themselves as members of a local, state, national, and international civic community.

As noted in a journal entry I wrote relfecting on the incorporation of social studies in the classroom, I explained and elaborated on many different ideologies, institutions and events that involved ideas about students as members of a community on many levels. I emphasized the roles of political leaders, ideas and more through reading discussions and converstations when researching.

Helps all students understand American Civic culture.docx   

5. Collaborates with families, recognizing the significance of native language and culture to create and implement strategies for supporting student learning and development both at home and at school.

Through working on an immigration project with students, I helped students explore their families' ancestries. Homework components brought this lesson into the home and required family participation.

Collaborates with families, recognizing the significance of native language.docx     

Rating:

Explanation of Rating for Standard D- Promotes Equity:

Rating Scale: 1=Does Not Meet the Standard; 2=Meets the Standard, 3=Exceeds the Standard; 4=NA/Not Applicable.

Candidate’s Name:                                                                               

License:        

Program Supervisor (initial):        

Date:         

Supervising Practitioner (initial):        

Date: