Standard C – Manages Classroom Climate and Operation

Indicators

Evidence

1. Creates and maintains a safe and collaborative learning environment that values diversity and motivates students to meet high standards of conduct, effort and performance.

As my Cooperating Teacher notes in my second three-way meeting (mid-semester), I provide a conducive learning environemtn that is not only for learning, but also fun through curiosity and exploration.

Creates and maintains a safe and collaborative learning environment.docx     

2. Creates a physical environment appropriate to a range of learning activities.

During orientation, I worked with my Cooperating Teacher to set up the classroom to prepare for the upcoming year and accommodate different learning styles.

J.ChaseClass_Env_Wkshp.docx

3. Maintains appropriate standards of behavior, mutual respect, and safety.

On a fieldtrip, I maintained the same expectations with students as to how to appropriately behave and found that they represented the school well with upholding these standards that are present every day in the classroom.

Maintains appropriate standards of behavior.docx     

4. Manages classroom routines and procedures without loss of significant instructional time.

My supervisor observes that I provide efficient transititons throughout the lesson.

Managing Classroom Routines.docx

Rating:

Explanation of Rating for Standard C - Manages Classroom Climate and Operation:

Rating Scale: 1=Does Not Meet the Standard; 2=Meets the Standard, 3=Exceeds the Standard; NA=Not Applicable.

Candidate’s Name:                                                                               

License:        

Program Supervisor (initial):        

Date:         

Supervising Practitioner (initial):        

Date: