I've learned the values I want to hold from my parents' characters. My mother is a caretaker for both her mother and her mother in-law. Seeing how hard she works to visit them and make sure their needs are met is like a job in itself. She is so giving of her time and talent that people in our family describe her as "a woman with a heart of gold." I can only hope to someday be like my mother and take on the day-to-day challenges she is faced with and seamlessly attends to with a smile on her face and love in her heart at all times. My father is another role model whose outlook and advice I seek regularly. He is self-employed and relies on his own knowledge and character to run his business successfully. At a young age I always wanted to be a lawyer just like my father and have clients who believe in my work.

I take challenges as pathways to learning experiences and as ways to fulfill my life. I try to conjure solutions that are positive representations of my character. I'm interested in helping others and connecting to them in a way that makes their lives more purposeful and gives me varied perspectives. Participating on varsity sports teams at the college level has furthered my learning experiences outside the classroom. I have the ability to achieve a common goal for myself and my team, trying my best and being a well-respected teammate. I am both my team's motivation and my own, which has accounted for my own self-improvement and growth