Here is a reflection from my supervisor about a time when she witnessed me "at my best."

Being a college student can be extremely stressful, never mind throwing an internship into the mix. Hayley Bezubka had the wonderful opportunity to intern with our office assisting the Victim Services Unit. The unit’s responsibilities consist of educating and informing victims of their rights along with preparing them for possible trial. As you can only imagine, working with victims of violent crimes that are not always on board with the criminal justice system, was merely one of the many factors Hayley faced while interning. Although she was not completely working hands on, Hayley was certainly always working at her best especially before the Judge, while in Superior Court. Hayley was very respectful to all of our victims and treated them with such compassion. Her ability to communicate effectively and listen attentively to each and every victim regardless of age, was merely brief synopsis of her naturally kind and gentle personality. Hayley’s response was always so sincere and extremely professional in whatever tasks were assigned to her that day. Hayley’s “can do” attitude was truly a breath of fresh air in our office. There is no doubt Hayley will be very successful in all of her future endeavors.  

I didn’t expect to share the type of intern-supervisor bond that I did with Cynthia. She treated me as an adult and with tasks that she knew I could complete. I enjoyed hearing many stories of past experiences she’d had with victims because I could see how far she’d come in her own life to be the strong woman she is today. She taught me a lot about the importance of having a positive character and I have a greater appreciation for patience. I loved this internship and could not imagine a better way to spend my summer getting an insider view of the judicial system.