ERIKA S. MARIN
Smith College Box 6643, Northampton, MA 01063 (718)-813-2239, firstname.lastname@example.org
Smith College, Northampton, MA
B.A. degree expected 2013, Major: Spanish, GPA 3.7
Relevant Coursework: Feminism, Race & Resistance, Native South Americans, and Anthropology of Development.
Study for International Training, Cochabamba, Bolivia (Fall 2011). Researched the 1977 hunger strike initiated by five women miners during the Banzar Dictatorship. Interviewed hunger strike participants and their children.
Relevant Coursework: Multiculturalism, Globalization, and Social Change Seminar.
Semilla a la Excelencia Colombiana, El Consulado General de Colombia, Queens Museum of Art (June 2008)
Awarded to rising college students of Colombian heritage for displaying academic excellence throughout high school.
Phoebe Reese Lewis Leadership Program, Smith College, Northampton, MA (2012-2013)
- Selected to engage in solution-oriented sessions with focus on conflict resolution and intercultural communication.
- Proposed resolutions for the City of Northampton’s goal to re-manage and augment yearly revenue.
- Advised Smith’s Global Study Center on marketing and communication strategies.
- Worked in a team setting to identify the core values of leaders within the Smith community.
Summer Program Coordinator, Latino Youth for Higher Education Program, Corona, NY (Summers 2011, 2012)
- Organized summer program for immigrant students to improve English skills and familiarity with NYC.
- Developed connections with non-profits like DCTV and Highfive to provide workshops and trips for students.
- Conducted grant research for future funding of the program.
- Provided mentorship between college and high school students.
Social Chair, Sophomore Class Representative, Secretary, Baldwin House Council, Smith College (2008-2013)
- Engage in weekly House Council meetings to resolve issues concerning community engagement.
- Develop systematic fundraising avenues to increase house profit.
Head Counselor, Summer at Kew-Forest, Forest Hills, NY (Summers 2008, 2009, 2010)
- Planned and taught writing, reading, and math curriculum for up to 30 pre-kindergarten students five times a week.
- Supervised other campers and camp counselors during field trips and recreational courses.
- Communicated extensively with parents and administration about program advancement and academic learning.
Multimedia Specialist, Center for Media Production, Northampton, MA (2012-Present)
- Assist clients with audio and visual equipment pick up and drop off.
- Collaborate on projects hosted by the Center for Media production.
- Communicate special requests to employees and customers and relay messages to directors of the center.
Phonathon Caller, Smith College Office of Advancement, Northampton, MA (2011-Present)
- Participate in alumnae outreach via phone calls and letters to provide updates on current events at Smith.
- Recruit financial support of alumnae and parents to reach the semester’s goal of one million dollars.
- Negotiate donation amount according to the prospect’s financial capabilities and desire.
- Answer questions about the Smith Fund and how donations are allocated.
- Fluent in Spanish
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Prezi, Final Cut Pro, iMovie.